I use the internet for absolutely everything. If I need to know some fun facts about the planet Mars: Google! If I need to research yoga studios in other cities that I will soon be visiting: I Google it! If I need to silly-up my mind and watch some stupid + cute cat videos: Youtube it! However, I am completely and totally overwhelmed by HOW MUCH information is on the internet. This, my dear friends, is why I like trails.by. Without having to hop, search endlessly and skip all over the internet, I can find the info I am looking for in ONE place. This saves me time AND it’s a huge perk since there is more seemingly useless info that comes up when I look for anything these days through a search engine. The people that use and create trails are intelligent, thoughtful people (myself, ahem, included-). AND the best part is that we really take the time to make cool trails and build trails that are useful. Trails.by is different because you can have and see info on topics you love in one place. I dig that.
Here are a few handy-dandy tips that helped me get started making trails:
1. Curating is cool. Take the time to curate. Chances are, if it’s meaningful to you it will be to someone else, right? Right.
2. Sign up. That way, you won’t be referred to as a “Guest”, every time you want to make a Trail. Plus, there is a really neat community that you can interact with when you make a profile.
3. Start making Trails. You can do so in three ways: the Blank Canvas, the Bookmarklet and the Tracker. We all do things differently and any one of these will lead you into the world of building great Trails!
4. Find me! My handle on Trails.by is thetroublewithlisa
5. Go to trails.by and let the curating of your groovy interests begin!